Our breakfast or brunch treat is fun to make, easy to prepare and very decadent. The addition of cream cheese, jam and strawberries takes this French toast to a whole new level. We’re saving a ton of calories and fat by using reduced-fat cream cheese, reduced sugar preserves and egg whites. The skinny for one fiber rich serving is 348 calories, 6 grams of fat and 9 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Our facts are based on one full sandwich but a half would be very satisfying. A full fat serving has 665 calories and 30 grams of fat. This dish is so yummy, tummies will be full and everyone will be very happ
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or multi-grain bread, we used Miltonâs Multi-Grain bread, see shopping tip
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped cream cheese, see shopping tip
- 8 teaspoons reduced sugar strawberry preserves, see shopping tip
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced thin
- 6 egg whites
- 1Â½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light spread
- 8 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Strawberries slices for garnish
- On one side of 4 slices of bread spread with 1 tablespoon cream cheese. Next, on top of cream cheese, spread each with 2 teaspoons strawberry preserves. Place Â¼ cup strawberry slices on each. Top each with the remaining slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, beat egg whites and vanilla.
- Dip 2 sandwiches into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Melt 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter and swirl around bottom of pan. Add 2 sandwiches, cook about 3 minutes on medium-high heat until golden. Turn over and cook the undersides for about 2 minutes, until golden brown. Place cooked sandwiches on a baking sheet and keep warm in oven while cooking the other 2 sandwiches.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with 2 remaining sandwiches.
- Transfer each sandwich to a plate. Cut each in half and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons powdered sugar and garnish with strawberry slices.
- Serve immediately with a fork and knife. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 104g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||41%|
|Total Fat 10.35g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.55g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.06g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|