The famous Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich is furiously decadent and delicious. So popular, most food courts in malls across America sell them. If you love them, you’re sure to enjoy my skinnier Philly Cheese Steak inspired salad. First, I’m using a whole-wheat bun topped with lean flank steak, onions and peppers. Next, topping it with spring mix lettuce tossed in a delicious and skinny homemade peppercorn dressing. The dressing adds real zing to this recipe due to the horseradish and potent seasonings. A Great Steak & Potato Company‘s Original Philly Cheese Steak has 1070 calories and 43 grams of fat. This skinnier dinner rendition has 415 calories, 15 grams of fat, 9 grams of fiber and 10 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. It’s amazingly delicious and so hearty. Make it, grab a fork and knife and dig in!
- Ingredients for Peppercorn Dressing:
- Â½ cup Nancyâs Skinny Ranch Dressing or a bottled reduced-fat ranch dressing
- Â½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (white)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon dried, crushed green peppercorns
- Ingredients for Steak
- 12 ounces (Â¾ lb.) flank steak
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder, I like Lawryâs with parsley in it
- Seasoning salt, I like Lawryâs
- Fresh ground pepper
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 2 red peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 4 whole-wheat buns, toasted (I used Trader Joeâs Honey Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns)
- Â¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Â¼ cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- Â¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- To Make the Peppercorn Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients. Store the dressing in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To Prepare the Steak: Preheat broiler and line a baking pan with foil. Place the steak on the pan and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with a little garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Broil for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven, turn over and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper. Broil for another 4-5 minutes until desired doneness. Remove from oven, reserve any juices from the meat, cool slightly and slice into thin strips on the diagonal.
- To Make the Cheese Steak Mixture: In a large pan, cook together the charbroiled steak strips, reserved juices from the meat, red peppers and onions until the peppers and onions are soft. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large bowl toss together the spring mix lettuce and 4 tablespoons of peppercorn dressing. Add more dressing, if desired.
- Place one toasted bun opened-faced, on each plate. Brush each with balsamic vinegar.
- Spoon the steak and vegetables mixture on top of each bun. Top each with one tablespoon mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the tossed lettuce on top of the cheese, completely covering the bun. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once.
- For more skinny recipes, pleas join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 530g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 182||15%|
|Total Fat 20.75g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 8.63g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 208.89g||56%|
|Dietary Fiber 37.2g||124%|