Learn how to make a delicious beef and broccoli dish quickly & easily.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 Bowls
Cost per serving $1.99 view details
- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 teaspoons of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 pound steak or london broil (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 pounds of broccoli
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or xanthan gum (thickener)
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions or in a rice cooker.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce in a bowl. Add the sliced beef and mix it around to coat. Then put it to the side.
- Mix the broth, sherry, sugar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Place this to the side.
- In another bowl, whisk the cornstarch or xanthan gum with water.
- Slice the broccoli florets into 1 1/2-inch pieces. You can use the stems by trimming and peeling them first, and then slicing them diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of water to boiling on medium-high in a large skillet. Put the broccoli in and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked. Then drain the broccoli and put it to the side.
- Rinse the pan you used for the broccoli. Then heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil on medium-high. Once hot, put in half of the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then remove and place the beef on a covered plate. Repeat until all the beef is cooked.
- Add the broth mixture into a pot and bring to a boil. Then, add the cornstarch or xanthan gum mixture and return to a boil. Cook this for one minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the broccoli and heat throughout. Once hot, remove the broccoli from the stove and stir in the beef. Serve the dish over rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 263g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 94||25%|
|Total Fat 10.49g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.33g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.95g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|