"To see a world in a grain of sand
and heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour."
William Blake said it best in this poem about being a child. Celebrate your child's first birthday with this chocolate cake recipe. Feel like a child with this rich, luscious, creamy, mouth-watering, chocolate decadence.
- Rich cake flour - 2 cups
- First class white sugar - 1 cup
- 30 per cent pure cocoa - 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Iodized salt â 1 pinch
- Medium-sized egg â 2 pieces
- Homogenized milk or all-purpose cream â 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract â 1 teaspoon
- Semi-sweet chocolate (dark) â 1 bar or about 8 oz
- Room temperature butter - 2/3 cup or about 1 and a half sticks
- Try this recommended recipe for your frosting.
- 1 cup of softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of thick allâpurpose cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavor extract
- 1 cup of powdered or confectioner's sugar
- - Pre-heat the oven to 350Â°F or approximately 177Â°C.
- - Lightly coat a 9âinch baking pan with non-stick spray or oil.
- - In a medium ceramic bowl, sift together the first five ingredients.
- - Break or crack the chocolate into small pieces and melt on top of a double boiler. You may also melt this using a pan on top of a pot with boiling water.
- - Mix in the butter to the melting chocolate and set aside.
- - In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, cream and vanilla extract.
- - Add the chocolateâbutter mixture.
- - Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- - Bake in the preâheated oven for an estimated 30 minutes. The cake is ready when it springs back when pressed lightly.
- - Cool the cake and remove from the pan to a wire rack. This prevents the cake from being soggy.
- To prepare:
- - Combine the cream cheese and the butter in a bowl and beat on a low speed until smooth.
- - Slowly pour the cream in first before adding the vanilla flavor; increase the mixing speed from low to medium.
- - Add in the confectioner's sugar gradually; at least 1 tablespoon at a time.
- - Increase the mixer speed to high and beat to form stiff peaks.
- - Spread all over the cooled cake.
- - Decorate the top, sides and edges with a combination of white chocolate shavings, bright colored sprinkles, mini-marshmallow and other sugar-baked decorations.
- - The single color-striped candle comes last.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 172g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 343||55%|
|Total Fat 38.99g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 22.32g||89%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.26g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|