Cost per recipe $5.58 view details
- 1 x Sabrett brand 2 oz beef frankfurter (7 1/2 " long)
- 1 x regular warm dog roll
- 3 Tbsp. A&W Coney Island Sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp. minced white onion
- 1/2 Tbsp. Kraft shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
- A&W Coney Island Chili Dog Sauce
- 1 lb grnd chuck
- 1 x six oz can Hunts tomato paste
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dry, chopped onion
- 2 tsp chili pwdr
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin (heaping)
- 1/4 tsp grnd black pepper
- 1. In a 2 quart. saucepan, brown the grnd chuck, breaking into very small pcs. Salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Don't drain the fat.
- 2. Add in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 30-45 min till it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- 3. Allow to cold, cover, and chill till "Dog-Time". You'll be microwaving what you need later.
- Cooking your A&W Chili Dog
- 1. Bring a 2 quart. saucepan of water to a rolling boil.
- 2. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add in the desired number of frankfurters to the water. Cover and let sit about 10 min.
- 3. After the franks are done, microwave the chili dog sauce till steaming.
- (Only microwave what you need, save the rest) Then microwave each warm dog roll 10 seconds....just sufficient to hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 972g|
|Calories from Fat 870||57%|
|Total Fat 96.74g||121%|
|Saturated Fat 36.54g||146%|
|Trans Fat 5.58g|
|Total Carbs 73.72g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.8g||36%|