Cost per recipe $5.11 view details
- 2 whl broiler-fryer chicken breasts halved, skinned
- 4 x Broiler-fryer chicken thighs, skinned
- 3 c. Chicken broth
- 5 tsp 's. curry pwdr, divided
- 1 can (11 ounce's.) mandarin oranges, liquid removed
- 1/2 c. Unsalted cashew halves l/2 c. pitted dates, minced
- 2 tsp red pepper, diced
- 1 c. Mandarin orange yogurt
- 1/2 c. Reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Flaked coconut
- 1/4 c. Chutney, finely minced Curly lettuce c.
- In deep saucepan, place chicken. Add in broth and 4 tsp. of the curry pwdr. Cover and simmer about 30 min or possibly till chicken is fork tender. Remove from heat and allow chicken to cold in broth.
- When cold, separate meat from bones. Throw away bones and broth. Cut chicken in bite-size pcs. In large bowl, place chicken, oranges, cashew halves, dates and red pepper; set aside. In a small bowl, make dressing by mixing together yogurt, mayonnaise, coconut, chutney and the remaining tsp. of curry pwdr; blend well. Fold yogurt dressing into chicken- orange mix. Arrange lettuce c. on large platter. Fill with salad; garnish with flaked coconut and minced cashews.
- Makes 6 servings. Plain orange or possibly lemon yogurt may be substituted.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 974g|
|Calories from Fat 1126||81%|
|Total Fat 129.22g||162%|
|Saturated Fat 22.49g||90%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.96g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|