The best biscuit recipe I've run across in all my years of making biscuits. I've been baking biscuits since I was about 12 years old... i am now close to 60... I ran across this recipe on facebook... and thought... well okay why not give it a try... I am so glad I did.. They are light, flaky and melt in your mouth. Trust me, once you make these biscuits, you will never go back to your old recipe again.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put margarine in an 11 x 16 baking pan and place in oven to melt in the pan while you mix up the biscuit dough.
- Mix the 4 cups of Bisquick with the 7-Up and sour cream till all ingredients are incorporated, but do not over mix or biscuits will be tough...
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick, cut with biscuit cutter (or small glass if you do not have a biscuit cutter)...
- When butter has melted in the pan in the oven, remove the pan from the oven and place the biscuits in the melted butter in the pan, turn the biscuits to coat in the butter...
- return pan to oven.. bake biscuits for 12-15 minutes until golden brown...
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 73||48%|
|Total Fat 8.31g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.82g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.85g|
|Total Carbs 17.23g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|