Cost per recipe $11.70 view details
- 1 1/2 lb grnd sirloin
- 2 med onions, minced
- 1 x celery ribs, minced
- 4 lrg cloves, garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. good-quality chili pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed dry basil
- 1/2 tsp crushed dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed dry thyme
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp grnd allspice
- salt (optional)
- freshly grnd pepper
- 2 x (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 x (8-oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 x to 1 c. water
- 12 ounce dry thin spaghetti
- 1 c. minced onion
- 1/2 c. low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. liquid removed dark red kidney beans
- In a large nonstick pot, brown grnd sirloin, onion, celery, and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, till beef is browned and vegetables are limp, about 10 min. Drain off and throw away all fat.
- Stir in chili pwdr, paprika, basil, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, grnd cumin, red pepper flakes, and allspice. Season with salt (if using) and pepper to taste.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add in 1/2 c. water, adding additional water as needed to reach desired consistency. Partially cover and simmer for 30 min. Transfer chili mix to a freezer container and freeze till hard or possibly cover and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, defrost chili and reheat on the stove for at least 15 min while you cook the spaghetti, following package directions, to al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti and keep hot. Place the minced onion, shredded cheese, and kidney beans in small serving bowls.
- To serve, divide the warm spaghetti between 8 shallow soup bowls. Ladle warm chili over each serving and pass the condiments separately to spoon onto each serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2223g|
|Calories from Fat 890||27%|
|Total Fat 99.3g||124%|
|Saturated Fat 43.27g||173%|
|Trans Fat 4.35g|
|Total Carbs 356.51g||95%|
|Dietary Fiber 41.9g||140%|