Cost per serving $0.87 view details
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into florets
- olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 red capsicum, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 leek, halved & sliced
- Â¼ cup vegetable stock
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 400 gm spaghetti or fettuccine
- 2 heaped tbsp sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Briefly blanch the cauliflower in boiling water. Drain well.
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan and gently cook the garlic, carrot, capsicum, leek, cauliflower, stock and seasonings until tender, stirring now and again.
- Then add the peas, toss well and briefly cook.
- At the same time, cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain well, toss with the vegies and transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat the sour cream and eggs with 3 tbsp grated parmesan and seasonings until well combined. Then toss with the pasta, vegies, basil, a little salt and a decent amount of ground pepper.
- Serve the pasta in individual bowls with more grated parmesan sprinkled on top, if you like.
- nb. Any variety of vegies can be used.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 215g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 80||16%|
|Total Fat 9.16g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3.93g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 82.19g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|