Cost per recipe $18.75 view details
- 1 pound pkg. lasagna macaroni
- 2 pound grnd beef
- 1 c. minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 T chili pwdr
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms (liquid removed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) container of Ricotta cheese
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 (15 ounce) container cottage cheese (liquid removed)
- 1 (6 ounce) can water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In large frying pan, brown grnd beef, drain. Season with salt, onion, garlic, chili pwdr, cumin. Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, water. Cover and simmer 15 min, stirring occasionally. Add in liquid removed mushrooms, sugar. Continue simmering.
- Prepare cheese filling. Add in grated Mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, liquid removed cottage cheese in a bowl. Beat 1 egg add in to cheese mix and set aside.
- Prepare lasagna macaroni as directed on package.
- Lightly greased large baking dish and spoon in sufficient meat sauce to cover the bottom, top with strips of cooked lasagna, spread sufficient cheese filling to cover lasagna. Repeat layers, ending with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 min. (This can be prepared the day before if you like. Seasoning seems to blend better when prepared the day before.)
- Refrigerated lasagna must stand at room temperature for about 1 hour, then bake for about an hour in 350 degree oven.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 4185g|
|Calories from Fat 3155||44%|
|Total Fat 352.04g||440%|
|Saturated Fat 167.11g||668%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 492.83g||131%|
|Dietary Fiber 39.5g||132%|