Cost per recipe $11.94 view details
- 2 lb potatoes peeled, cubed
- (such as russet)
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- (or possibly softened cream cheese)
- 1 lrg egg yolk
- 1/2 c. cream
- (for a lighter version substitute vegetable or possibly chicken broth)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 13/4 lb grnd beef or possibly grnd lamb
- 1 x carrot peeled, minced
- 1 x onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. beef stock or possibly broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 c. frzn peas
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley leaves
- Boil potatoes in salted water till tender, about 12 min. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Combine lowfat sour cream, egg yolk and cream. Add in the cream mix into potatoes and mash till potatoes are almost smooth.
- While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in oil to warm pan with beef or possibly lamb. Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or possibly 4 min. If you are using lamb and the pan is fatty, spoon away some of the drippings. Add in minced carrot and onion to the meat. Cook veggies with meat 5 min, stirring frequently.
- In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 min. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add in gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in peas.
- Preheat broiler to high. Fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mix. Spoon potatoes over meat proportionately. Top potatoes with paprika and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat till potatoes are proportionately browned. Top casserole dish with minced parsley and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2854g|
|Calories from Fat 2896||61%|
|Total Fat 322.71g||403%|
|Saturated Fat 136.31g||545%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 164.03g||44%|
|Dietary Fiber 22.6g||75%|