Make 3 different flavors of cheese balls or make the base and multiply one of the variations by 3 for a large cheese ball of one flavor.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cost per serving $1.39 view details
- BASE RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- CHEDDAR AND CRANBERRY:
- 8 ounces sharp orange cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons store-bought chutney
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Wheat Crackers for serving
- ROQUEFORT AND WALNUT:
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable crackers or chips for serving
- MOZZERELLA AND SCALLIONS:
- 8 ounces mozzerella, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Carrot sticks or cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, for serving
- Put butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined. Divide equally among 3 medium bowls.
- Stir cheddar cheese and chutney with base mixture in the first bowl. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Roll cheese ball in cranberries to coat before serving. Serve with crackers.
- Stir blue cheese and shallot with base mixture in second bowl; add brandy, if desired. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days; freeze up to 1 month. Roll in walnuts to coat before serving. Serve with chips.
- Stir mozzerella and scallions with base mixture in remaining bowl. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Roll in parsley to coat before serving. Serve with cucumber slices.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 54g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 157||74%|
|Total Fat 17.99g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 9.44g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.65g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|