Cost per recipe $18.24 view details
- 1 lb (480 g) top sirloin, coarsely grnd
- 1 med white onion, 6 ounces (180 g), minced
- 1 lrg clove garlic, chopped
- 1 med red bell pepper, 6 ounces (180 g), seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) good-quality chili pwdr
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5 ml) grnd cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) crushed dry oregano
- 1 x 14 1/(2-oz) (435 g) no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. (120 ml) low-sodium canned beef broth
- 1/2 c. (115 g) plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 ml) good-quality chili pwdr
- 1/8 tsp (0.6 ml) cayenne pepper
- Put the grnd sirloin in a Dutch oven or possibly large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, till beef is no longer pink. Drain off any fat or possibly juices.
- Measure 2 Tbsp. of the onion; set aside. Put remaining onion, garlic, and bell pepper into the pot and cook, stirring, for 5 min. Stir in chili pwdr, cumin, oregano, tomatoes with their liquid, and beef broth.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook, covered, till meat and vegetables are tender, about 35 to 45 min. Meanwhile, finely mince the reserved onion. Place in a small bowl and stir in remaining topping ingredients. Set aside. When chili is done, ladle into bowl and offer topping to spoon onto each serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 900g|
|Calories from Fat 146||21%|
|Total Fat 16.35g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6.89g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.07g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|