Cost per serving $2.49 view details
- 16 x new red potatoes Coarse salt for boiling water
- 1 x red bell pepper seeded, minced
- 1/2 x red onion minced
- 1/4 c. minced fresh mint
- 1/4 c. minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans washed, and cut into thirds
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard - (rounded)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can red kidney beans - (15 ounce) rinsed, liquid removed
- 1 can garbanzo beans - (15 ounce) rinsed, liquid removed
- 1/4 c. minced flat-leaf parsley Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Place red potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Place pot on stove, cover and bring to a boil. Liberally salt water with coarse salt. Place a colander over boiling pot.
- Take your first ingredient from the bean salad, 1/2 lb. cut fresh green beans, and place them in the colander. Cover the colander with pot lid. Steam beans 5 min while potatoes boil below. Remove beans and cool shock under running water. Drain green beans and set aside.
- When the potatoes are just tender, about 12 min, remove from heat, turn off burner, drain potatoes and cool shock them under running water till just cold sufficient to handle. Coarsely chop potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
- Add in peppers, onions, mint, parsley and vinegar to the pot. Toss to allow the vinegar to absorb into the potatoes. Add in oil and stir the potatoes till they mash up a bit and salad has a spoonable consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, sugar and vinegar. Whisk in oil. Add in kidney beans, garbanzo beans, green beans and parsley to the bowl and toss to coat bean salad proportionately with dressing. Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
- This recipe yields 8 servings of each salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 642g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 215||32%|
|Total Fat 24.45g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 3.42g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 99.48g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.2g||54%|