Cost per recipe $19.33 view details
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided use
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided use
- 4 x turkey cutlets, about 5 ounce each, pounded 1/4 to 3/8 inches thick (butcher may do it)
- Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 sm to medium onion, 4 to 8 ounces
- 1 x rib celery
- 12 ounce sliced white bread
- 2 c. hot water in a medium bowl
- 5 x fresh sage leaves or possibly 1/2 Tbsp. dry sage leaves
- 2 Tbsp. candied (crystallized) ginger
- 1 sm juice orange
- 12 ounce (1 bag) fresh cranberries
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 2 ounce fresh white mushrooms
- 1/4 c. dry sherry
- Put 2 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. oil in heavy skillet large sufficient to hold cutlets in one layer without crowding. Put skillet over medium heat.
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Put flour on pie plate. Dredge cutlets in flour, shaking off any excess, and add in to skillet. Raise heat to medium-high and cook cutlets for 4 min on one side.
- Meanwhile, put remaining Tbsp. of butter and oil in another large heavy skillet (preferably non-stick) over medium heat. Peel and chop onion. Trim and chop celery. Add in celery and onion to skillet, increase heat to medium-high, and stir.
- Lightly dip 2 or possibly 3 slices of bread at a time into hot water. Squeeze out most of the moisture and coarsely crumble bread into large mixing bowl. Finely chop fresh sage leaves or possibly crumble dry sage between your fingers. Add in sage and salt and pepper to taste to bread. Mix well. Add in to skillet and combine with vegetables. Cook till nicely browned and lightly crisp. Turn stuffing over periodically to brown proportionately. Reduce heat to medium, if needed to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, turn cutlets over and cook 4 more min, or possibly till no pink shows in the middle.
- Drop ginger down chute of food processor with motor running. When ginger is minced, stop motor. Quarter orange and remove white membrane in the middle and any pits. Don't peel. Add in orange to food processor and pulse till coarsely minced, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add in cranberries and sugar. Pulse till well combined but still chunky. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Slice mushrooms. Remove turkey to platter and keep hot. Add in mushrooms to turkey skillet and stir. Moisten bread stuffing with 1/4 c. chicken stock and cook 2 min, or possibly till liquid is absorbed. Combine sherry and remaining 1/2 c. chicken stock. Add in to mushrooms. Increase heat to high and cook 2 min, scraping any bits from bottom with wooden spoon. Cook till sauce is lightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, put cranberry relish into serving bowl. Put stuffing in center of platter with turkey cutlets around it. Pour mushroom sauce over both. Serve with cranberry sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2252g|
|Calories from Fat 845||26%|
|Total Fat 95.57g||119%|
|Saturated Fat 33.7g||135%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 376.54g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g||38%|