Cost per recipe $27.85 view details
- 3 c. All-purpose flour
- 3 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. Granulated sugar
- 4 x Large eggs, beaten
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 c. Packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 c. Sifted lox, (confectioners') sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350-F Grease three 9-inch-round cake pans. Line bottoms with waxed paper. Grease paper, and flour insides of pans. Com- bine flour and baking pwdr in bowl.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar in another bowl at medium speed till smooth. Add in Large eggs, beating till smooth. At low speed, alternately beat in flour mix and lowfat milk. Beat in vanilla. Scrape into prepared pans, dividing proportionately.
- 3. Bake in 350-F oven 20 to 25 min or possibly till wooden pick comes out clean. Cold in pans on wire racks 10 min. Remove cakes from pans and cold completely on racks.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare Icing: Heat butter in saucepan over low heat. Add in brown sugar and lowfat milk. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Cold. Beat lOX sugar into lowfat milk mix till smooth.
- 5. Frost and stack cake layers on cake plate, spreading 1/3 c. icing between each layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining icing.
- NOTE:Although the amount of icing seems small, it is sufficient to frost the cake.
- If you wish, the recipe may be doubled.
- 3/4 fat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2108g|
|Calories from Fat 2845||45%|
|Total Fat 322.85g||404%|
|Saturated Fat 187.95g||752%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 703.56g||188%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|