Zip Chicken & Broccoli Recipe
The good peeps over at Zip Sauce were nice enough to send me a bottle of Zip Sauce to sample. So I threw together this tasty dish using all ingredients that I already had on-hand in my kitchen. I must say, it came out great!
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 oz. Zip Sauce
- 3 oz. water
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot oil (olive oil infused with red pepper)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Marinate the chicken strips with the Zip Sauce and water for about 2 hours.
In a large wok, heat the hot oil and sesame oil. Add the onions and saute for 30 seconds, then add the chicken strips. Saute for 2-3 minutes and then add the broccoli. Saute another 2 minutes, then add the rice and soy sauce. Toss well and saute another 2-3 minutes. Make sure that the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a serving dish and then top with sesame seeds.