White Bean and Vegetable Soup Recipe
White Bean and Vegetable Soup
I’m a carbs girl. You can take away the meat. Take away the seafood. Heck, even take away dessert.
But don’t. take. the. bread.
I would much rather snack on warm, fresh bread than candy or or chocolate any day.
That’s why when Rudi’s sent me a coupon to pick out a loaf of bread, it didn’t even last a day in our house without being opened. I made this delicious white bean and vegetable soup (that was really more of a throw-everything-left-in-the-fridge-in-the-pot kind of soup) and decided to serve lightly toasted and buttered Rudi’s bread with it. I am a firm believer that every soup tastes better off a piece of bread than a spoon and this was perfect!
The rest of the loaf was gone within a few short days; I’m always impressed with the quality and taste of Rudi’s bread and Cracked Wheat loaf was no different!
Oh, and this soup…you should definitely make it. And use whatever type of beans, veggies and pasta shapes you on-hand. It couldn’t be more versatile and is one of those soups that’s perfect any day of the week.
by Simply Life
- Keywords: soup/stew entree vegetarian vegan broccoli pasta beans
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clovers, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 head broccoli spears
- Herbs de provence, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 to 4 cups low sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1/2 cup corn (I use frozen)
- 1/2 cup peas (I use frozen)
- Orecchiette pasta (or other shape)
1. Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook about 3 minutes. Add garlic, carrots and broccoli and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in seasonings and beans. Add in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Mix in corn and peas and cook until warmed through.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Stir into vegetable soup mixture. Serve and enjoy!
~What’s your favorite “food group/category”?