Sweet Potato And Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
sweet potato chicken stir fry
Sweet potato again…my favourite! It’s very popular in Asian countries. It’s not only liked for its delicacy but for its many health benefits. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A, B and C. I was brought up eating lots of sweet potatoes. My parents planted them all the time. I can still remember they usually planted 4 types. They were the yellowish ones, light orange ones, darker orange ones and the purple ones. All of them taste very delicious.
Usually I just plain boil the sweet potatoes or bake them. Sometimes I made desserts out of them. They add a natural sweetness and also make a healthier dessert. But here I tried it with chicken to make a stir fry. It was my first time cooking it that way. It turned out very delicious. My family likes it very much. The sweet potato pieces were soft and sweet and tasted beautiful when coated with the savoury sauce. I like it very much.
The recipe for this Sweet Potato And Chicken Stir Fry is very simple.
- 2 whole chicken legs (deboned and cut into bite size pieces)
- 2T light soya sauce
- 1T sesame oil
- 1T wine
- Put all the Ingredients A in a bowl, mix well and leave to marinade for at about 30 minutes.
- Ingredients B
- 1 big sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 big knob of ginger (washed and cut into thin strips)
- 4 pips garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 2 stalks spring onions (cut into shorter lengths)
- Pan fried sweet potato
- Heat up some oil in the frying pan or wok and pan fry the sweet potato pieces under medium fire until cooked. Dish up and leave aside. Pan frying it first will prevent the sweet potato pieces from turning into a mash when cooked with the chicken.
- Ingredients C
- 1T oyster sauce
- 1T light soya sauce
- 1/2T dark soya sauce
- 2T brown sugar
- 1/2t sea salt
- 1/4C vinegar
- 1C water + 1t corn flour
- Fry all in pan
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the ginger strips and chopped garlic in Ingredients B and fry until fragrant. Add the marinated chicken. Fry for a little while. Then add the sweet potato, spring onions and Ingredients C. Mix up with a spatula and cover to let it cook for a while. Stir every now and then until the sauce thickens. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste. Dish it up and serve hot. It’s very delicious especially with rice.
- What is your favourite sweet potato dish? Please share, add and comment in the comment box below.
- Other sweet potato recipes that you may be interested in:
- Sweet Potato Jam
- Sweet Potato Balls For Dessert
- Sweet Potato Tortoise-shaped Chinese Dessert (Angku)
- Sweet Potato Donuts
- Popular Malaysian Dessert (Bubur Cha Cha)
- Sweet Potato Cake
- Healthy, Humble, Sweet Potatoes
- Steamed Sweet Potato Jam Pudding
- Baked Cajun Sweet Potato For Birthday
- Sweet Potato Rice Porridge For Stomach Upset
- Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Curried Sweet Potato Chips
- Chewy Sweet Potato Gnocchi In Palm Sugar Syrup
- Sweet Potato And Cajun Roast stir Fry
- Condensed Milk Sweet Potato Cake
- Sweet Potato Scones With Condensed Milk For Mother’s Day
- Sweet Potato Carrot Cake
Quote of the day……
“Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design.”
Keep Learning Keep Smiling