Succulent Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
This is an amazing recipe. We had this last night for dinner.
It was so tender that the roast completly fell apart.
It turned ended up being more like a
thick stew. WOW it was amazing!!
This recipe is also very easy to double!!
Thank you KCDelong
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ounce package dry onion soup mix ( I used Lipton Beef Onion Dry Soup)
- 1 1/2 cups water (or you can use beef broth)
- 3 lb pot roast (I used a Chuck roast because it was on sale)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2-4 cups (depending on what you desire) 1 inch sliced carrots
- 2-4 cups (depending on what you desire) 1 and 1/2 inch sliced potatoes
1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, water, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
3. Place sliced carrots on top of the roast, then place the sliced potatoes on top of the carrots. (Note: The liquid will not be around the carrots or the potatoes at this point. The juices from the roast will eventually cover the veggies, but this will take several hours)
4. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.