Salisbury Steak Recipe
at 9:02 PM
For me when I think of comfort food I think of something yummy that fills you up and makes you think of home, or Grandma's kitchen! This is definitely one of those dinners that goes on this list! This is my second time making this dish and it is so easy and delicious so I thought I should blog this and share with all of you!
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
By Sandra Lee
- - 1 pound ground beef
- - 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I used 98% fat free healthy request by Campbell's)
- - 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- - 1 egg lightly beaten
- - 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions (I used fresh onions)
- - 1 Teaspoon steak seasoning (recommended Montreal)
- - 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- - 2 Tablespoons butter
- - 1/4 cognac (I omitted this as I did not have any)
- - 1 (8 ounce) package of sliced fresh mushrooms
- - 2 cups low sodium beef broth ( used one cup beef broth and 1 cup water to cut down on the salt)
- - 1 (1.2 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
In a large bowl combine beef, 1/4 of the can of cream of mushroom soup (save the rest for later), bread crumbs, egg, onions, an steak seasoning. Mix it thoroughly and shape into oval patties.
Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the patties on both sides and then transfer to a plate for later.
Add the remaining butter and the cognac (remove from the heat when adding cognac if you choose to use it) saute the mushrooms for 7 to 8 minutes. Add the beef stock and whisk in gravy mix until smooth. Stir in the remaining mushroom soup.
Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
I choose to serve my steaks with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes with fresh green beans and shallots! I put the gravy on the potatoes too!! It was so delicious!!
Here is the meat all mixed up.
Here are the patties ready to be browned!
Here are my mushrooms sauteing away!!
Here is the gravy mixture ready to pour over the steaks
Here are the green beans... Yum! so good!
And here are my famous mashed potatoes...
And here are my attempts at photography...
So I had dinner served on a plate and ready to eat when Jason got home from work ( I know barf! I am such the little 50's wife at times!) And to my surprise when he walked in the door he had these...
Aww shucks! How sweet is that!! LOL ok you can all barf now...
Well I hope you all have a wonderful night!