QUICK BANANA CAKE Recipe
Posted on March 20, 2012 by The Southern Lady
This cake is so easy to make and is delicious. It is very moist and tastes wonderful with coffee or milk, as a dessert or just anytime. If you like the taste of bananas, you will love this cake.
- 1 (18.5 ounce) box Kroger Yellow Butter Recipe Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with mixer. Spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes until done in middle. Let cool before frosting.
- Frosting for Quick Banana Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 1 stick, softened
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups confectionery sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Mix all ingredients in large bowl with mixer until of spreading consistency.. Spread on cooled cake.
Can sprinkle nuts over cake if so desired.
Note: I keep this cake in the refrigerator.