Orange Kugelhopf Cake Recipe
This is a good moist cake is full of orange flavor! Although it has many steps, it's easy to do. Go ahead and start baking...you'll love it!
Receta de bizcocho esponjoso de naranja estilo pudin, leer en español: Orange Kuglehopf
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated (yolks and whites separately)
- 3 ¾ flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder powder Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cups fresh orange juice preferred or Tropicana Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- For the syrup:
- 1 ¼ cups fresh orange juice
- ¾ cups of granulated sugar
....... oranges from my orchard .......
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and flour into a mold Kugelhopf 10 "ring mold or deep.
2. Beat butter and powdered sugar until you get a pale yellow and creamy, then you add the egg yolks one at a time whisking well after each addition.
3. Sift (weight) of flour with baking powder and salt. With encircling movements enter the flour mixture and 1 ¼ cups orange juice alternately to the mixture of whipped butter. Add the orange zest.
4. Beat egg whites approx. 2 - minutes until you get soft peaks. Fold into the mixture.
5. Fill the pan with the mixture and bake for 40-50 minutes.
6. To make the syrup: In a skillet heat the 1 ¼ cups orange juice with ¾ cups of sugar for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved. After removing the cake from oven let cool for 15 minutes, prick with a woden skewer or thin knife and pour in half of the syrup, let cool another 10 minutes more, turn and brush with the rest of the syrup.
Sirva y disfrute!
"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."- 2 Thessalonians