Mouth-Watering Spicy Cod Skewers with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Mouth-Watering Spicy Cod Skewers with Pineapple Salsa – Whoot! Whoot! Happy Hour Friday!
Yahoo! It’s Happy Hour Friday, and I am so ready for the weekend!
For the past five weeks we have been preparing to move, moving and remodeling. I head off to work – come home – work on the house with my husband, then go to bed after I write a blog post for the next day.
I’m thinking I deserve another Happy Hour, and so does my husband. I’m not sure we would have survived these past few weeks without one!
The truth is it’s all a labor of love that I wouldn’t trade for anything in the world, including writing those blog posts.
Time for Happy Hour . . .
Cod Skewers Ready for the Oven
These panko crusted cod skewers were inspired by last week’s recipe for Crunchy Coconut Shrimp from Weight Watchers Momentum, Healthy & Happy Celebrations. The pineapple salsa was so refreshing I decided to pair it with some white, fleshy cod crusted in panko and skewered just for the fun of it.
This was not a bad plan. The cod paired perfectly with the pineapple salsa.
We enjoyed our Friday treat with a glass of wine, watching Friday Night Lights on the television in our lawn chairs in the living room. Isn’t remodeling fun?
Happy, Happy Hour Friday!
Mouth-Watering Spicy Cod Skewers with Pineapple Salsa
- Mouth-Watering Spicy Cod Skewers with Pineapple Salsa
- Serves 2
- 10 ounces cod, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup white wine , use a dry white wine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 ½ tsp chili seasoning
- ½ cup pineapple chunks, finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash chili pepper sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse and dry fish on paper towel.
3. Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, wine and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add cod and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, combine pineapple, red onion, honey, cilantro and pepper sauce with a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Combine panko bread crumbs and chili seasoning in a dish.
6. Skewer cod on either wood skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes, or steel skewers and press into panko crumbs.
7. Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the cod skewers with cooking spray and bake for 5 – 6 minutes until cod is opaque in the thickest part.
8. Serve with salsa.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Shrimp is low in fat, and higher in cholesterol. Studies show that it can raise HDL and triglyceride levels, good for heart health. It also contains B12, omega-3 fatty acids for anti-inflammatory effects, and selenium, copper and zinc.
Pineapple is a great source of manganese, a trace mineral important for energy and antioxidant benefits. Add a significant amount of vitamin C and you have a sweet fruit that provides terrific immune support.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 1.86g
Total Carbs: 32.32g
Dietary Fiber: 2.34g
Weight Watchers Points 5
Be Sociable, Share!
Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right,
pineapple salsa recipes,
Weight Watchers Points