Lemon Pepper Pappardelle & Spartan Race! Recipe
Lemon Pepper Pappardelle & Spartan Race!
Last week we had a dose of summer weather. Skirts were worn. Fans were blowing.
My palate changed to craving bright, citrusy flavors.
This dish combined so many of my “warm weather” cravings. I used Lemon Pepper Pappardelle pasta from Trader Joe’s, which added perfect complimentary flavors.
We ate this while sitting with the windows open, the sun setting and talking about all the fun things we hope to do this summer!
by Simply Life
Adapted from Food Network
- Keywords: saute entree side vegetarian pasta tomato Italian
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 oz. lemon pepper pappardelle pasta
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley, finely chopped (basil would also be a great substitute!)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, head olive oil in large skillet. Add onion and cook about 3 minutes, until tender. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, and cook additional 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and corn and cook 1 minutes. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
2. Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss. Top with parmesan and parsley. Serve and enjoy!
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Spartan Race for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Besides fresh tomatoes and flowy skirts, the other thing I look forward to in warm weather is signing up for races! They keep me motivated, feeling fit and inspired, and I love the feeling of accomplishing a new goal! I’ve crossed the finish line at a 5k, half-marathon and full-marathon, but am continually impressed by those who take racing to the next level.
Spartan Race does just that. They consist of obstacle courses that take place all over the globe, offering different distances, levels and challenges with each race! Races range from 3+ miles to 40+ mile events! Some races include trail races, mud runs and other obstacles that will take you out of your comfort zone. You can choose to be a part of team that is as small as 4 members or more than 30 so you can make sure to get all your friends involved, or even get your kids involved in their Jr. Spartan Race Adventure Race, which consists of about 0.5 miles of small obstacles. If you love races, challenges and competition, then I would definitely check out signing up for a Spartan Race! To learn more, check out their FAQ!
~What are foods you crave in the spring/summer?