Instant party--Rudolph's nose drink and Melting snowman cheeseball Recipe
Anyone can throw a party over the holidays, but why not add some themed elements to make it more festive. For a recent event I hosted I had to add some flair to the ordinary items.
For beverages: I added little candy canes to the glasses. These were fruit flavored so it would not take away for the flavor of this festive drink: Rudolph's nose.
To make it easier on me, I mixed enough mixer to make 8 glasses and just shook them in the cocktail shaker and then put it into a pitcher for the party. This saves time for having to measure and mix each glass. Serve in champagne flutes.
have extra CC's open for additional drinks To make one drink:
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- 1 oz. cherry juice (did not have)
- 1 or 2 raspberries
- Brut champagne or spakling wine
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice,
- and cherry juice. Shake, then strain into a sparklin wine flute. Drop the raspberries into the glass then top with champagne.
- Melting Ranch Snowman Spread
- I adapted this recipe from Taste of Home which was a full snowman, but did not need that much cheese. I just make 1/2 the recipe. If you are having a larger group make the entire recipe and divide the cheeseballs into 2 different sized balls.
- Full recipe: 2 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 envelop ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
assorted decorations, olives, pretzel sticks, peppers, cracker, raisins, carrot.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. add the dressing mix, mustard, and garlic and mix well. Shape into two balls or one ball for melting snowman. Cover and refridgerate for at least 4 hrs. ( I made a few days in advance)
For melting snowman add a little ball on top to resemble the head.
To make the hat, use cream cheese in between the crackers.
How about mixing things up by making your friends turn into reindeer. Divide the groups evenly. Each group gets a pair of Cheap tan pantyhose. (I purchased size B and it may have been easier to get a queen size.
Have an assortment of deflated balloons-dollar store has bags with a variety of sizes and colors.
Have the group chose one player, but don't tell them what for. This will be the "reindeer" model.
Set the timer for 3 to 5 mins and have the folks fill their stockings. Then have the "models" put on their reindeer antlers.
Added a nose for effect