Grilled Teriyaki Burgers with Pineapple Recipe
I am still enjoying my grill and the whole family loved these grilled teriyaki burgers with grilled pineapple. I got the recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Recipe Girl. The beef patties for these burgers are so FULL of flavor. I love that you add bit of pineapple to the meat itself.
You really don’t need much on this burger because it is so flavorful. I did follow Lori’s suggestion of adding a little splash of steak sauce on my burger. It adds a little tang to the sweetness of the burger. Then I also added a little light mayo, spinach leaves, and a slice of havarti cheese. Yum, yum! Lori also didn’t say anything about grilling the pineapple, but I did. I LOVE pineapple when it is grilled.
Grilled Teriyaki Burgers with Pineapple
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef (no less than 15% fat- you want to keep them moist)
- 1 (28-ounce) can of pineapple slices (or slice it up fresh), divided (I used canned
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1. In a large bowl, combine beef, 2 pineapple slices (chopped finely), soy sauce, onions, ginger, pepper and garlic. Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a ½-inch-thick patty.
2. Preheat grill. Place burgers on grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness and grill the remaining pineapple slices. Serve on toasted buns topped with 2 pineapple slices on each burger. Serve with desired condiments.
Note: I topped my burger with a splash of steak sauce, light mayo, spinach leaves and havarti cheese.
Be Sociable, Share!