Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe
I can’t believe that it has taken me THREE years to recreate chicken parmesan! I guess mozzarella sticks and onion rings were occupying my time…
Well last night I rectified this over sight, I made a YUMMY meal of gluten free chicken parmesan. And guess what? I just went ahead and made it a healthier version too.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan with garlic kissed broccoli
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders (I used Smart Chicken)
- 1 cup GF buckwheat flour (Or your favorite GF flour)
- 2 cups GF Kinnikinnick Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup gouda cheese shredded; 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp. oregano
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Prepare your baking sheet/cooling rack hybrid. (A cookie sheet with a cooling rack on it, spray with oil)
In three separate bowls: buckwheat flour in one, three eggs whisked in the second, panko breadcrumbs in the third. Add 1/2 tbsp. oregano to the breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
Clean your chicken, place in the bowl of buckwheat flour. Toss to coat well. Next dredge the chicken in the whisked eggs, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs. Toss and press to coat well – laying each piece of chicken onto the baking sheet hybrid once coated.
Once you have all your chicken on the baking sheet hybrid, spritz with cooking spray, and then flip and spritz the other side. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Take out of the oven and spoon the spaghetti sauce onto the chicken. Cover with cheese, and pop back into the oven until the cheese is melted.
I served mine with broccoli sautéed with one tbsp. butter and two cloves of garlic roughly chopped; 1/4 cup Quinoa elbow noodles and Tinkyada brown rice spirals; one hunk of Against the Grain Gourmet French bread. (side note – I could eat an entire loaf of that bread…)
Love it! One more recipe that lives up to my new last name!