Curt's Jack Daniels Barbecued Baked Chicken Guest Post Recipe
Curt's Jack Daniels Barbecued Baked Chicken Guest Post
Roasted slow in the oven on a rack after marinaded overnight. Curt has a knack for making great sauces for dipping, marinades and gets pretty creative, you may have seen some of this previous Italian Style Chicken Wing Feast, with four flavors of awesome sauces of Glazed Sesame Chicken. Curt also made an Italian Style Grilled Version then made a Catalina dressing marinade for chicken breasts. I just love when he asks to do a guest post on chicken or something we haven't tried before. This chicken came out awesome, another chicken recipe keeper for me for sure! If you need a suggestion on a great appetizer take a look at this one try Curt's loaded potato skins!
Moist and tender with a delicious smoked flavor, perfect with baked beans and baked potatoes.
- 1 - 4lb or 5 lb ChickenMarinade:
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels barbecue sauce or your favorite brand
- In a large freezer bag large enough to fit chicken (or you can use a large bowl) place all ingredients with chicken except for the Jack Daniels sauce. Marinate in the bag or bowl overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag and place on a baking pan, cover with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce ( below recipe), and place on a rack.Bake at 350 till brown and crispy.
- Serve chicken with extra Jack Daniel barbecue sauce below or your favorite kind.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and
simmer about 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened.