Crock Pot Green Chile Enchilada Casserole Recipe
As you all know, I LOVE Mexican food. I was so excited to find this recipe and had to try it out. The bonus, it cooks in the crock pot!! I had never had green enchilada sauce before and now I am sold. It was delicious. I left the casserole for dinner and when I came home from work that night, there was none left. They ate the WHOLE thing. So I can't give you a personal taste preference, but according to the family, it was really good! (Atleast they remembered to take a picture)
Crock Pot Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chiles
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas (cut into strips)
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped or shredded lettuce
- sour cream
Cut the tortillas into strips. I kept mine in 3 different piles cutting 4 at a time.
Spray 3-4 quart crock pot with cooking spray. In a medium bowl mix green chilies, soup, enchilada sauce and Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise).
Arrange 1/3 of the tortilla strips in the bottom of the crock pot.
Top with 1 cup chicken and 1/2 cup beans
Top with 1/2 cup cheese and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture, spreading to the edges of the cooker.
Repeat layers twice, reserving the last 1/2 cup of the cheese.
Cover, cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; cook about 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Serve garnish wiht tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.