Cajun Christmas Dinner Menu Recipe
With Christmas right around the corner, I have been tweaking my menu
and adding a few more of my family's faves to my Christmas dinner
menu. I'll be serving a few new dishes and of course, some of the recipes handed down from my dear mother, grandmother, and aunts. And I'll be adding a few more, so stay tuned. Bon appetit!
(click on recipe title to view recipe)
Cajun Christmas Dinner Menu
- Cajun Roasted Turkey Breast (recipe below)
- Cajun Baked Ham w/ Sugarcane Bourbon Glaze ~
- Cajun Oyster Stuffing ~ Jalapeno Cornbread Dressing ~ Spicy Crock Pot Jambalaya ~
- Nanny's Praline-Sweet Potatoes ~ Loaded Baked Potato Casserole ~ Cajun Corn Casserole Cajun String Bean Casserole ~
- Cajun Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 large turkey breast (7 to 8 lbs.)
- 1 large onion, coarsly chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut into thirds
- 2 tsp.'s minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs.'s Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp.'s dried sage
- 2 tsp.'s dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 stick butter, sliced
- Rinse breast with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub breast and cavity with Cajun seasoning, sage, and thyme. Stuff cavity with onions, garlic, celery, parsley, and butter slices. Drizzle olive oil over entire breast. Place a 6 inch strip of heavy duty foil, horizontally, in center of rack, of a large roasting pan. Pour water and wine into bottom of pan and add more water occasionally.
- Place breast on foil, cavity side down and bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees. Baste often. Remove veggies from cavity and discard and transfer turkey to a platter. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Scrumptious!
- Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp.'s lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sherry
Rinse berries in cold water and drain. On medium heat, cook water and sugar in saucepan, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and add cranberries, jalapenos, and lemon juice and return to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. And sherry and stir well. Remove from heat and cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I'll be sharing these at ~
Wishing you all a fabulous holiday week! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!