Blackberry, Avocado, and Mango Salad Recipe
Blackberry, Avocado and Mango Salad
As a former vegetarian and sometimes "semi-vegetarian" I like to eat vegetables and fruits. I can eat practically any type of vegetables or salad and I am fine with it. The following recipe is a vegetarian recipe and is found in the book The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast. Feola, Kristen – Zondervan Kindle Edition.Blackberry, Avocado, and Mango SaladIngredients for Blackberry, Av0cado and Mango Salad
Our church just finished doing the Daniel Fast and we used some of the recipes from this book for the
fast. These recipes are great and not expensive to make either. This particular one contains fruits and salad greens.
I also added to my salad firm Tofu which I seasoned with salt and pepper and pan fried it with a little olive oil.
Hope you like it. Blessings.
YIELD: 4 servings
- SERVING SIZE: about 1¼ cups
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, loosely packed
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup mango, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 1 recipe Orange – Poppy Seed Salad Dressing (see below for recipe)
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, blackberries, avocado, mango, and pecan halves. Toss, and serve with Orange – Poppy Seed salad Dressing.
- Recipe Notes
- Substitute mango with 1 cup peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped into 1-inch cubes.
- Orange – Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
- YIELD:2 servings
- SERVINGS SIZE about 1 tablespoon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a covered glass jar, and shake well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipe Notes Serve with Blackberry, Avocado, and Mango Salad or Ozarks Sunset Fruit Salad Use with any lettuce salad.
Recipe found in: The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast. Feola, Kristen – Zondervan Kindle Edition.