Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers
Do you know what’s delicious?
The combination of black beans and rice.
Do you know what’s even more delicious?
Black beans and rice smothered in cheese (because really, what isn’t more delicious when it’s smothered in cheese?).
And even better than that?
Yup, black beans and rice smothered in cheese and stuffed in a pepper.
Pretty amazing, right?
So do me a favor. Spend something like $3 and a little bit of time, and get to eating these!
by Simply Life
- Keywords: bake saute appetizer entree side vegetarian beans rice cheese Mexican
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 large red peppers, cut in half and cleaned
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Chili powder, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lime
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Monterey Jack cheese (or other Mexican blend of cheese) shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, turn oven on broil. Place peppers face-down on baking sheet. Broil for about 5 minutes, until skin is slightly blackened, about 4 minutes. Place in airtight container and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Remove and when cool enough to handle, peel off skin.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in beans and reduce heat to low. Stir in cooked rice, corn and all seasonings except cilantro.
3. Line baking dish with foil. Stuff each pepper half with rice and bean mixture. Top with cheese and cilantro and bake about 12-15 minutes. Garnish with additional cilantro and lemon juice, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Today is the last day to enter to win Soy Candles by Phebes!
~What are you looking forward to most this March?