Bhindi Kadhi/Bendakaya Majjiga Pulusu/Okra, Buttermilk Soup Recipe
When we tired of eating dal we like to eat majjiga pulusu/ kadhi. Majjiga pulusu
is made with sour curd/Sour butter milk. We used to make this majjiga pulusu
with vegetables like Bhindi/ Squash. It is very tasty and so simple to prepare.
Health Benefits of Curd:
1. Curd is very helpful for people who are suffering from diarrhoea. Curd
eaten which rice gives instant relief from diarrhoea and dysentery.
2. Curd can stop nausea and vomiting tendency.
3. Curd is also an excellent source of calcium and high vitamin contents
4. Curd is also known for its cosmetic uses. The bacteria present in curd
are gound to be effective in making the skin supple and soft. It is advisable
to apply curd all over the face, in order to avoid skin damage caused by
spending hours under the hot sun.
5. Curd is one of the easiest remedies for treating dandruff. Ex: Curd in
combination with henna paste is a very good remedy for dandruff.
6. Curd helps to improve the digestive system.
7. Curd helps to strengthen the immune system.
8. Curd helps to cope with stomach problems.
9. Consuming curd proves beneficial for those suffering from vaginal infection.
10. Curd helps to get strong bones and teeth as its calcium content is high.
11. Curd helps to minimise the risk of high blood pressure.
12. Coping with high level of cholesterol becomes easier with the help of curd.
- 1 Cup of Sour Curd
- 20 "1" Inch Bhindi pieces
- 4 tbs Besan flour
- 6 Green chillies
- 1 Inch ginger
- 2 Garlic flakes
1 tbs dhaniya powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
2 tbs oil
2 Red chillies
1/2 tbs mustard
1/2 tbs cumin seeds
4 curry leaves
A pinch of Hing
1. Beat the curd well with adding 1/4 cup of water.
2. Take the besan flour with adding few tbs of water and make a fine paste.
3. Take the green chillies, ginger, garlic. Make a fine paste and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add red chillies, mustard, cumin seeds, turmeric, hing
and fry for a min. When mustard start splutter add curry leaves and fry
for a min.
5. Now add bhindi Pieces and keep frying till the bhindi becomes crispy.
6. Add the beated curd and keep stirring about 8min.
7. Add the Besan flour paste and stirring properly.
8. If you do not stirring continuously, the mixture may just curdle and the
water will separate out and the kadhi becomes too watery.
9. When it starts boiling then add the dhaniya powder, greenchillies, garlic,
ginger pasts and combine well.
10. Finally add the salt and coriander leaves and boil for another 5 min.
11. Tasty and delicious Bhindi kadhi ready to serve with hot rice/roti/Drink
like a soup.