“Babel” Salad with Daikon Radish Recipe
Taste 4 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- - 5 oz / 150g daikon radish (30 cal)
- - 1 tomato (20 cal)
- - 5 romaine lettuce leaves (10 cal)
- - 2 slices yellow bell pepper (10 cal)
- - 1/3 oz/ 10 g crumbled feta cheese (30 cal)
- - 2 walnuts, chopped (50 cal)
- - 2 parsley twigs for decoration
- For the dressing (50 cal at most)
- - 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- - 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- - 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- - 1 tsp orange juice
- - 1/2 tsp olive oil
- - 1/4 tsp dried basil
- - salt and paprika to taste
- Total 200 cal, 2 servings, 100 cal/serving
1. Cut the radish and the pepper into 1/4 inch slices, the tomato - into 1/8 inch. Tear lettuce leaves. Arrange the vegetables in layers. Place the parsley on the top and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and walnut pieces.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over your babel tower.
A very nice salad, the daikon radish is sweetish and goes well with the light orangey sauce. This would be a great salad for a hot summer afternoon, but even on a rainy winter day it tasted good.