A spicy cheesecake for a white Christmas with friends.... Recipe
A spicy cheesecake for a white Christmas with friends....
~ Spicy Kabocha Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust ~
This recipe is an extention to a previous article on Kabocha.
"Giving Thanks with Kabocha....the Japanese Pumpkin...."
- 1 3/4 cups ginger snap crust
- 1 stick melted salted butter
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 100g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup roasted Kabocha, pureed
- 4 eggs
- ~2/3 cup sugar, depending on the sweetness of the roasted Kabocha
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.
2. In medium bowl, combine crumbs and melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch cake pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, yogourt, sugar and the spices. Beat together until well combined.
4. Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and bake in a waterbath for 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.