United States Chef
Sandy Ibrahim Profile
I adore conversation and people, and I love food because it brings people together. I focus on in-season, local ingredients, and home-baked comfort foods, from my garden if I can. I read recipe books like novels and follow chefs as if they were politicians or movie stars. I bake, cook, and garden with and for friends and family. My recipes are a product of my upbringing in a Spanish and Egyptian household and being stationed in Japan. The majority of my recipes are fusion. I live in Old Towne Alexandria just outside of DC which has an increasngly exciting restaurant scene. My mother and my good friend Maureen were my inspiration to nuture and love with food. If I could be friends with any chef it would be Nigella Lawson, because her recipes are never low-fat, always exquisitely delicious, and she has triumphed over every sadness and heartache the world could throw at her.
- The Art of Simple Food (Alice Waters)
- Phenomenal Basic Cookbook, it should be everyone's first.
- How to be a Domestic Goddess (Nigella Lawson)
- Indeed one can be goddess and still know how to make orgasmic chocolate cookies
- Food and Wine Annual Cookbook 2009 (Kate Heddings, Editor)
- A mezcla of trendy and captivating best chef recipes including party ideas and cocktails to boot!
Chefs I recommend
- Cathal Armstrong (Alexandria, VA)
- Armstrong is fine dining gone eco-friendly. He and his wife own three restaurants in Old Towne, Restaurant Eve, Majestic, Eammons, and a SpeakEasy called PX. Talented chef with an Irish heritage, everything is from scratch. His Sommelier and Mixologist, Todd Thrasher, is God's best gift to the bar scene since the invention of Pisco Sours.
Restaurants I Recommend
- Komi (Washington , DC)
- Washington's best boutique fine dining establishment. Johny Monis is 1 part fine chef, 2 parts mad scientist, and 1 part exquisite pallate.
Leave a comment
Sign Up — Free Membership it's free!
DailyCandy, Trendhunter, Eater, LaunchSquad, Mashable, Killer Startups & San Jose Mercury News