Paola Polati Profile
Ciao Everybody, I'm happily married with Bruno ( you can see him in the photo). I live in Rome. I love to travel abroad and taste local food. I'm fun of Moules Marinier (a french recipe about mussel cooked with cream, this meal is something I learned from my mother in law because she is french). I love jazz (Standards, Bossa Nova, Bill Evans, Roy Hargrove, Chet Baker, Scott Hamilton, etc.). I'm a scuba diver. I cook only in the evening because I spend all day in the office (I work in Pharmaceuticals) and I like very much to cook for friends. My teacher in cooking is, as you expected, mia MAMMA. I will ask her to give me special recipes to share with all of you. What you can never expect from my side are recipes with garlic and onions, which is something that almost never appear in our kitchen. This trend is becoming quite popular in Italy.
I was influenced by my mother Lucia. Till I live with her the kitchen was her kingdom, it was almost forbidden for me to have the access to the fridge and the ingredients, but I grasped with the eyes what she prepared for the family.
- Il Talismano della Felicità (Ada Boni - Ed. Colombo)
- It is the "cooking bible" for Italians. English version is available.
Restaurants I Recommend
- La Veranda (Rome)
- Excellent food in a wonderful old building, with frescos and live piano music, located very closed to St. Pieter
- La Casina Valadier (Rome)
- Sophisticated and simple food at the same time. The restaurant is in the middle of Villa Borghese, in a Villa designed by the famous architect Valadier. The view on the roman roof will take the breath away. Very romantic.