Maria A Profile
Someone asked me once "Why the interest in food?" - which made me think & ask myself the same question! In my teens I can remember making myself snacks and being thorough and purposeful with each step - even if it was a sandwich with chocolate 'Quik' milk. If I was home alone, I'd imagine that camera's were on me and I was on a cooking show. Sometimes I'd even talk the audience through the 'recipe'!
Having said that I've never really aspired to be a famous, TV cook but rather 'influential' to others in an encouraging way. When someone is inspired to make one of my recipe's, I am encouraged (& hope so much the recipe is a hit with them and/or whoever eats it). My heart is not to intimidate people away from the kitchen but instead, make them comfortable in their own skin & inspired to try a new recipe.
My family and I don't eat 'gourmet food' every day & I don't want anyone to think they could never invite me to dinner. I'm not a know-all and you get *gold stars* for just being bold and -trying-! Ask me a question if you're puzzled/confused or stumped about something culinary - I would love to help you if I can!
Through my website I landed a live, on-air recipe segment at a local radio station. I've been doing radio for four years now and I love it! :)
Helen Varga. I was friends with this Hungarian lady for around four years before she died (in her early 60's) after her 4th heart attack. She did use full-fat cream a LOT! Most of her food was delicious and I asked a lot of questions and experimented at home.
- OMG I can eat that? (Jane Kennedy)
- Delicious food minus the carb-fest.
- Notes from my Kitchen Table (Gwyneth Paltrow)
- A joy to read and cook from.
Chefs I recommend
- Heston Blumenthal (Bray, United Kingdom)
- Gwyneth Paltrow (London, United Kingdom)
- She's not a qualified chef but she cooks and enjoys good food & is the author of cookbooks.
- Alessandro Pavoni (Sydney, Australia)
- Pizza 6 in Westfield (Sydney) or Ormeggio at the Spit. Also appeared on Australian Masterchef.
- Jamie Oliver (London, United Kingdom)
- Nigella Lawson (London, United Kingdom)
- She's not a chef.. but she's a passionate foodie and cook.
Restaurants I Recommend
- Aria (Brisbane, Australia)
- Matt Moran from Masterchef is behind this gem.
- Pizza 6 or Ormeggio at the Spit (Sydney, Australia)
- Both are babies from Alessandro Pavoni, creator of honest, memorable food.
- Movida (Melbourne, Australia)
- Frank Camorra and Movida appeared on Masterchef Australia too. Delicious tapas. Flinder's Island lamb neck & gazpacho, my favourites.
- Sally's Kitchen (Melbourne, Australia)
- Beautiful lunches and coffee.
- Schnitz (Melbourne, Australia)
- It's a schnitzel franchise! Pan-fried, crumbed by hand, simple, delicious and you can be full for less than $12.
- Little Press & Cellar (Melbourne, Australia)
- George Calombaris (from Masterchef Australia) has this little 'side' to The Press Club. Amazing breakfast souvlaki and fruit salad.
Leave a comment
Sign Up — Free Membership it's free!
DailyCandy, Trendhunter, Eater, LaunchSquad, Mashable, Killer Startups & San Jose Mercury News