United States Chef
Lori Fredrich Profile
Burp! Where Food Happens
Burping may be rude in most Western climes... but there are plenty of places where a burp signifies true gustatory satisfaction and the highest of compliments to the chef. It's from that philosophy that the concept for BURP! was derived. We're two hopeless food geeks who harbor a genuine love for delicious (sustainable) edibles. We're not fancy, or fussy. But, we do love to create new and wonderful things in the kitchen. We keep the dream of BURP! alive through daily experimentation, and we share our successes (and failures) with you.
Chefs I recommend
- David Tanis (Berkeley, CA)
- David Tanis' cooking reflects thoughtful work with the freshest of ingredients. Definitely inspiring for home cooks everywhere!
- Paul Zerkel (Milwaukee, WI)
- Chef/Owner John Raymond and Chef Paul Zerkel incorporate a farm-to-table approach utilizing area produce and proteins, and the menu is an eclectic blend of flavors and techniques.
Restaurants I Recommend
- Roots (Milwaukee, WI)
- The best in farm-to-table fare in Milwaukee. The menu changes seasonally and features amazing fare -- both from local vendors and the Roots farm, located just north of the city. For those visiting the Roots Cellar for the first time, I'd never hesitate to recommend the White Cheddar Nachos served with green chile sauce, salsa, and plenty of deliciously tender (and delicately spiced) pulled pork (or tofu, if you'd prefer). Absolutely delicious -- and perfect for sharing. Feel free to be adventurous at Roots, since the Chefs' talents for creating inventive flavor combinations are second to none. Don't be intimidated by the leek & pinenut stuffed trout with caramel apple sauce. It will astound you. As will simple dishes like the Caramelized Cauliflower Wedge, served with Greek olive farro and balsamic cream.
Leave a comment
Sign Up — Free Membership it's free!
DailyCandy, Trendhunter, Eater, LaunchSquad, Mashable, Killer Startups & San Jose Mercury News