United States Chef
Laurie Alves Profile
Food is Love
My Passion, My Mission, My Bliss is to inspire people to eat dinner at their kitchen table rather than the drive thru window!
My biggest influences for cooking have been my family. My Mom, my Grandmother! Mediterranean Women think it's a rite of passage for the younger women in the home to be able to cook.
This is something that has changed drastically with the inception of the Working Mom. The younger generations have been left without that cultural influence in their everyday food.
I would love one day to be the influence that brings back the Dinner at home concept. The idea that "going out" for dinner is a special occasion, not a necessity. :)
**Thanks for taking the time to read this and for spending a moment getting to know me.
Have a Great Day!
- Favorite Italian Recipes (Food & Wine Magazine)
- Love using Cookbooks like these as references for making Homecooking more approachable
- Glamour Cakes (Eric Lanlard)
- This is simply Food Porn! I absolutely love learning from the masters!
- 50 Easy Party Cakes (Debbie Brown)
- Love making things easy :)
- Mama's Recipes (Alice Trudell)
- My Mom's Cookbook. She made a cookbook for all of her children before she died. We were blessed .
Chefs I recommend
- Rick Bayless (Chicago, IL)
- Wonderful Chef, love his serenity in the kitchen!
- Fabio Viviani (Moorpark, CA)
- Love his accessibility, openess and down to earth manner
- Michelle Bernstein (Miami, FL)
- Home town Girl with great taste and sensibility!
- Emeril Lagasse (New Orleans, LA)
- He's a hometown boy. I grew up with "Em" in Massachusetts!
- Paula Deen (Savannah, GA)
- She's the example of the american dream!
- Ina Gartin (West Hampton Beach, NY)
- My idol, I have learned more from Ina than any other chef
Restaurants I Recommend
- Sonny's Famous Steak Hogies (Hollywood, FL)
- The best place in South Florida to get a Steak Sandwich! Guy Fieri Approved!
- Texas de Brazil (Miami, FL)
- Wonderful place to experience Churrascaria! Fantastic Steak and Refreshing Caiparinhas!
Leave a comment
Sign Up — Free Membership it's free!
DailyCandy, Trendhunter, Eater, LaunchSquad, Mashable, Killer Startups & San Jose Mercury News