United States Chef
Annette W. Profile
I have been cooking since I was a young girl. I cooked with both of my grandmothers and my mom. I have such fond memories of doing so. I love to cook comfort food for friends and family. I don't think there's anything better than seeing the smile on the faces of those who love and eat your meals. I love to try new recipes and I also love to share mine in hopes that others will try them as well. I do not shy away from recipes without photos because I believe that good cooks can prepare just about anything as long as the ingredients and directions are clear.
My husband and I love Indian Cuisine. I would have to say that Chicken Tikka Korma is my favorite thing to eat. Well, besides Macaroni and Cheese!
I am married to the most amazing man in the world. I have a son and a step son, both 21 years old. I was just made a grandma at age 38, (eek!) to the most adorable baby boy. My son and his fiancé welcomed him into the world on March 8th, 2012. He is already a grandma's boy and I love every minute of it. Family is the most important thing to me.
My influences are my grandmothers who are no longer here. I miss them terribly but I always feel surrounded by them. Especially when I am in the kitchen cooking. Smelling food cooking just smells like home. My mom is another influence of mine. I will still to this day call her every once in awhile to ask something I may have forgotten in a recipe. The great thing though, she now calls me too!!! She actually asks me for advice or wants to try one of MY recipes. It's the greatest feeling. She is due for a visit soon and has demanded I make her my Honey Bun Cake. It's something she's never had and I'm proud to be the one to make it for her.
Paula Deen, Giada, Ina Garten, Guy Fieri, Rachael Ray, Robert Irvine, Aaron Sanchez, Emeril, Bobby Flay, Geoffrey Zakarian, Ron Ben-Israel....Just to name a few!
- Joy of Cooking (Marion Rombauer Becker)
- I just love this cookbook!
- The Lazy Gourmet (Robin Donovan & Juliana Gallin)
- Prepare gourmet meals with ease and conquer your fear that it takes hours or even days.
- The Food You Want to Eat: 100 Smart, Simple Recipes (Ted Allen)
- Love him. Love the book. Simple yet outside the box cooking.
Chefs I recommend
- George & Mike Kazas (Lincoln)
- Owners/Chefs of The Parthenon
Restaurants I Recommend
- Tandoor (Lincoln)
- Best Chicken Tikka Korma in town!
- Parthenon (Lincoln)
- The best authentic Greek food around. Also has the most wonderful atmosphere and caring owners of any restaurant we have ever eaten at. We eat here monthly at least.
- Fuji (Lincoln)
- The sushi is delicious. Huge selection and fresh ingredients. The Japanese grill is good also.