United States Chef
Anna Maria Profile
"Loving my Life with Food, Love, & Prayer"
Loving My Family and Friends
I would have to say it all started when I was a 12 yr old young girl my Mother was my Influence and both my parents worked very hard. I was taught at that tender age to cook Tex-Mex Food and being that we are of Hispanic origin our family Staple were Flour Tortillas. I had to make the dough and roll out the fresh tortillas with a rolling pin each and everyday after school. I was taught to make Spanish Rice, Refried beans, and Some type of Meat to go with our 3 course meal. Sometimes it was some kind of Vegetable or a side Salad or rice, sopas, vermicelli, or beans with our meat. I also enjoyed watching Julia Childs as a kid and watching (PBS) Channel 13. It inspired me to wanna learn about many more kinds of Foods such as Desserts and Baked Dishes such as Casseroles! I'm also a Fan of Martha Stewart and Paula Dean as well!!! I Love Food and Sharing it with those I Love and those I've Yet to Love =)
Chefs I recommend
- My Mom (Dallas, TX)
- During the Holidays we Make Delicious Home-made Chicken Tamales which My Mom sells to make extra Money! Send me a Message if you ever would Like to place an order, you will be Glad you ordered some! =P
Restaurants I Recommend
- San Diego's Tacos (Irving, TX)
- This is a little Hole in the wall place on Story Lane in Irving...But, they have delicious homemade foods there! they stuff your tacos!
- Blue Goose (Addison, TX)
- I Love the homemade Authentic Foods here and they serve Fresh Homemade Flour Tortillas...The Food is Awesome here and they have several Locations as well as in Austin/Houston (I believe).
- Tipico's (Carrollton, TX)
- They Tex-Mex Food here is very Awesome and the Prices are very reasonable for a person on a Budget! They are generous with their Portions here too!
- Mama's Daughter's Diner (2610 Royal Lane, North Dallas, 75229, TX)
- This Place is Out of this world if you want real Home Country Cooking just Like mama use to make at home! with melt in your mouth Dinner Rolls and Corn muffins and the homemade mash taters and Chicken Fried Chicken Steaks w/Country pepper gravy are to irresistable. Did I mention the Too Die for Pies...Piled a Mile high...OMGEeee! Your in for a Treat here! I love their Ranch Dressing! Sometimes I really think Momma is really in the kitchen Cooking! You will not be disappointed you ate here!
- Burger Island (1208 E. Beltline Rd. Carrollton, 75006, TX)
- This place is a Hole in the wall kind joint. If you can over look the decor, you will not mind it once you Bite into one of these Homemade Giant Cheeseburgers and Handcut Seasoned French Fries. They have Awesome very inexpensive Burgers, & Sandwiches here for the Money you get way more than what you pay for! Make sure you order (1) Large fry cause I made the mistake of ordering 2 and it could have feed like 6 people, for REAL!!! So, (1) Order is enough like for 2-3 people. If you Dine in you get a 32oz. Drink and they have free refills with Dine-in. I'm hooked since I've eaten burgers here like 2 weeks ago. I was a Burger Street Fanatic, But, not no more. For 2 people @ Burger Island we Ordered their Daily Special we payed $11.05 and that was including the Tax for (2) Huge Burgers (1) order of fries & (2) 32oz. Drinks with refills! They have a Daily Special from 6pm-9pm everyday! If you order (1) Cheeseburger with purchase of (1) Large Fry with (2) Drinks you Get One Free Cheeseburger!!! Now, you tell me if thats not a bargain? Good-Bye Burger Street, McDonalds, Burger King, Country Burger, Dairy Queen, Braum's....I will never pay a Huge Price for another Burger & Fries with Drink as Long as Burger Island is around! You will be so Glad you discovered this Place!!! They also have other Locations: Garland, Mesquite, Rowlett, Dallas, Sachse, Irving, Richardson, Plano! So, if you have not tried the Burger's here what are you waiting for!...P.S. Just make sure you have a Huge appetite when you do go here and eat!